Camp Foley, Crow Wing County Road 134
Take a side trip to view Our Lady of the Snows Chapel. Listed on the National Register of Historic Landmarks, the chapel was built by Henry Ruud, a local man, who constructed the chapel entirely from local fieldstone and without blue prints in 1934. The benches are made of cypress wood from Florida and soaked in the lake. The cornerstone was laid in 1935 and the chapel completed 4 years later. In the early years, Fr. Foley made a promise to the Blessed Virgin that if camp was successful, he would build and dedicate a chapel in her honor to Our Lady of Snows whose feast day, August 5 was when the first Mass was celebrated in 1937.