The Corps of Engineers dam, located at the site of the Campground, controls the level of the entire Chain.
Drive the Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway to the south side of Crosslake on County Road 66. Turn into the Crosslake Corps of Engineers Campground.
Originally called The Crosslake Store, this structure was the town’s first grocery store and a well-known landmark.
Play one of the largest and most strategic courses in the country! The Dark Moon addition is truly world class mini golf.
On the lake, but yet in town, this lodging facility has a location that attracts many visitors throughout the year.
The Northern Pacific Railroad carried logs from points north down what has become known as ‘the Old Grade Road’ and over parts of CSAH 66.
Opened in the early 1930’s, the original Moonlite Bay was a much larger building which featured fine dining, two bars, big bands and dancing.
This beautiful 258 acre lake was once the summer playground of actor brothers, Peter Graves and James Arness.
In 1924 the land was purchased and in 1926 the Oscawana Resort was built. Over the years Oscawana was divided into several small resorts and private homes.
Only 50 acres, Loon Lake connects to Island Lake and then flows into Lower Whitefish.